I may not love the cold weather that fall and winter bring, but I love the parties and get together’s. Every month, all season long, we bounce between hosting or being hosted. For me, enjoying the decor, the conversation, and the food makes fall one of my very favorite seasons of the year. There is something about the upcoming holidays, kicking off with Halloween in a few weeks, that make me excited inside. The one thing I don’t like, however, is the amount of time nad prep it takes to host a good party. Food is super time consuming. Deciding the menu, shopping, prepping it, cooking it- by the time you get to eating it I know that I am generally too tired to ENJOY the party.
Hey, listen, yall stop doing to yourself what I do to myself. This year break the mold and buy some premade products and spruce them up to create a fun homemade feel and taste with almost none of the prep. Leave more time for YOU and your friends than standing over a hot stove. I wanted to share some tips that I have in setting up a gorgeous fall display, complete with homemade touches, that make it look like you did all the work when you didn’t.
Decorations: This time of the year decor is everything. You can grab new items seasonally like pumpkins or spiders for Halloween, leaves and turkeys for fall, and adorable snowflakes and snowmen for Christmas. I like to keep a few fall type colors in my grab bag of decorations. Orange, yellow, white and red can be used a good portion of these months. You can grab pinwheel decorations for about $4 for 6 at craft stores. I use a household chalkboard as a background and move around our table centerpieces to complete the look with no extra cost. I like to accent with a few new pieces from time to time each year as well. Here are some cute choices:
Premade Food: Let me tell you something- people just want to EAT at a party! They want to easily pick up an item and walk into a conversation. Having plenty of food and plenty of varieties of food is a must! This year you can easily grab America’s Choice® Creations food exclusively from Save-A-Lot that not only taste great but are friendly to your budget. These 13 new items will complete your ENTIRE PARTY with nearly ZERO work! I grabbed all the bolded products below and only spent $50 on food! WOW~ I was incredibly pleased with the cost and the taste both, not sacrificing either one for a good meal that everyone enjoyed.
- Peanut Butter Truffle Brownie
- Pecan Caramel Brownie Cookie
- Triple Pepperoni Pizza
- Supreme Pizza
- Honey Bourbon Salmon
- Stuffed Salmon
- Crab Cakes
- Black Angus Bacon & Cheddar Burger
- Meat Lasagna
- Bacon Mac n Cheese
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lemon Shandy Beer Bratwurst
- Harvest Apple Bratwurst
- Octoberfest Beer Bratwurst
Spruce it up: When you pull your food items out of the box, take the time to set them up, cut them up, and even decorate them with items right out of your baking cabinet. This gives the perfect homemade touch and makes the party more personal.
- Cookie Tip: Grab cookies and pair with whipped cream and some sprinkles in individual bowls for a grab and take that kids adore.
- Bratwurst tip: Pierce bratwurst with toothpicks for a grab and go bite sized eat! I added 2-3 pieces per toothpick for a good hearty taste.
- Cheesecake tip: Take a plain cake like our cheesecake below and put on melted chocolate or caramel (shown) in just 30 seconds. I added some fall sprinkles to complete the look. The cheese cake tasted so good and looked good as well!
- Brownie tip: Combine a cookie and brownie tray to mix up the treats. Poke through decorated toothpicks, top with sprinkles and enjoy. To make the brownies go further, I cut them up into small bite sized pieces.
As you can see, creating a full party table can take you a minimal amount of time and can be done quite easily. You can find all of the delicious items featured in this article by heading here and finding the closest Save-A-Lot near you!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Save-A-Lot. The opinions and text are all mine.