I have to admit that trying on swimsuits isn’t my favorite thing. In fact, if I really consider it, from March on I start to sweat a little thinking about the teeny tiny suits that are awaiting me out at the stores. I mean..what size am I gonna be THIS year. What part of my nearly 40 year old body will have grown out this years style, you know? But then I discovered Lands’ End Swim Finder. Its this fantastic little tool that narrows down swimsuits to ones that typically fit your body type in the sizes you need.
To get started, you head here. Then you start to go through the mini quiz on your body type, starting with styles you love, then your shape, size and how much control and coverage you want.
For me, I typically wear one piece suits, then have an hourglass figure, and size 8/10 (remember to size up with swimsuits!). This left me with 51 amazing suits to choose from and so I did~ I grabbed two of my recommendations and I have to say, they look and feel great. Just keep in mind that depending on the suit you get, some sports materials that include rash guards, can be a strong suit material that is great for coverage and control, but also need to be sized up.
One of the suits I ordered was a little too tight for me (see below) but fit Charlotte great. And talk about coverage! She can do her flips, jumps, and handstands all with the suit staying perfectly in place- making us both happy!
Seen below is
Now remember, neither one of us are body models- we are normal ladies (I am 39, Charlotte is 12) and we both felt confident in our choices. Please be kind- we want to show you what normal people look like in a suit, not photoshopped- which means I have terrible tan lines. 🙂
But I did find a great fit, perfect for all sorts of sports activities this summer-
National Swimsuit Day
Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial kick off to summer and to make sure everyone is ready with the perfect-fitting swimsuit, for a fabulous day at the beach or pool, Lands’ End is declaring May 23, 2017 as National Swimsuit Day!
National Swimsuit Day Twitter Event:
- In celebration of National Swimsuit Day and to help find the best swimsuit, Lands’ End is hosting the National Swimsuit Day Twitter event on May 23, 2017 from 1p.m. to 7p.m. (EST) at hashtag #NationalSwimsuitDay. The six-hour Twitter event will include advice from Lands’ End swim fit experts helping women to identify the perfect-fitting swimsuits for every shape and size, this season’s latest swimsuit trends, swimsuits for men and kids, as well as 36 chances to win $100gift cards to purchase a swimsuit from Lands’ End.
National Swimsuit Day Twitter Event Details:
- Date: May 23, 2017 (TODAY!)
- Time: 1– 7p.m. EST
- Hashtag: #NationalSwimsuitDay
- Follow: @LandsEndPR and @LandsEnd
- I will also be co-hosting an hour at 5-6EST tonight on @MOMDOT twitter
Other National Swimsuit Day Promotions:
- Extraordinary Offers – To celebrate National Swimsuit Day, Lands’ End is announcing EXTRAORDINARY swimwear offers. On May 23, all regular priced swimsuits for women, men and kids, as well as swim tees and beach towels will be 50% off. To make sure everyone is ready for the start of Memorial Day Weekend, the company is also offering FREE expedited shipping for Friday delivery. The offer will be valid with promotional code SWIMSUITS and pin 7848 when ordering. GO HERE TO SEE SUIT OPTIONS
- Chance to Win a Beach Vacation – To get people excited for swimsuit season, Lands’ End is also offering the chance to win an amazing beach experience at Scrub Island Resort, Spa and Marina, a 230-acre private-island haven tucked into a cliff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean Sea and surrounding islands, in the British Virgin Islands. Now through June 15, 2017, vacation dreamers can enter for a chance to win a trip for two, including roundtrip airfare, accommodations for an 8-day/7-night stay, meals and spa services, at landsend.com/beachsweeps.
See you at the party!