Between homework, sports activities, and of course crafting, we often start dinner far later than intended and far later than we should. I used to be so good at it, gathering up my ingredients around 4:30pm, ready to plate dinner the minute my husband walked in the door, but it seems like time change has gotten the best of all of us. Because of how slow in prep I have been the past week, and I am sure will be into the spring and summer breaks, coming up with meals that are fast and hearty are a priority for me. I would much rather be hanging with my family or prepping for a new day instead of standing in the kitchen for 2 hours. I am sure you agree. That is why when I was challenged to create a great meal with Aidells® Cajon Andouille Sausage and share it, I was like YES. I need this! I am all over this! I am just the right person to enforce a get in, get out mentality in the kitchen.
Hearty. Delicious. Under 30 minutes- yes, please!
Now I bet you think I am going to use Aidells® Cajon Andouille Sausage for red beans and rice. Hello. I’m from the south. We eat red beans and rice like its Taco Tuesday. But I wanted to bring you something just a bit more and include a few of those green veggies. After all, as a parent, it’s my job to forcefully get my kids to swallow something that resembles a tree atleast one night a week.
One Pan Andouille Sausage and Rice Recipe
1 Pkg Aidells® Cajun Andouille Sausage, sliced
1 cup white rice
2 cups chicken broth
2 tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 red pepper, diced
1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- Place butter and sausage in a skillet.
- Saute over medium heat 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add garlic and rice.
- Saute another 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly
- Add chicken broth, red pepper and broccoli
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until rice is light and fluffy
- Serve immediately or store covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Note: I love Cajun Style, however there are plenty of other sausage flavors to pair this recipe
- Aidells® Cajun Style Andouille
- Aidells® Chicken & Apple (also available in minis)
- Aidells® Italian Style
- Aidells® Pineapple Bacon (also available in minis)
- Aidells® Spicy Mango & Jalapeno
- Aidells® Roasted Garlic & Gruyere Cheese Smoked Sausage
What you can expect from Aidells® Sausages!
– No Nitrites
– No Added Hormones
– All sausages are hand-crafted with real, hand-picked ingredients in small batches with care
– Fully cooked and ready in just 8-10 minutes: sauté or grill over medium heat or bake at 375
- 1 Pkg Aidells® Cajun Andouille Sausage sliced
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
Place butter and sausage in a skillet.
Saute over medium heat 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally
Add garlic and rice.
Saute another 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly
Add chicken broth, red pepper and broccoli
Bring to a boil.
Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until rice is light and fluffy
Serve immediately or store covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Aidells® Sausages available at Publix!
Right now you can head to Publix for an IN STORE PROMOTION starting March 17th to March 25th. You can get 2 packages for only $10, making meals with sausage one of the best decisions you can make this week.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Aidells®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Make sure you PIN for later!