Looking for an easy idea for a princess party? Try these princess hats on for size!
So adorable to look at but super tasty to eat! And because they only take a few moments to whip up, you won’t really need a special occasion to make the princesses in your life feel special.
I have never heard so many “mmmm” that came from my daughter when I told her I needed a “taste tester”.
Me: Are they good?
Me: Does that mean they are good?
Her: mmmm, hmmmm
I know that I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my cotton candy machine (yes, I really bought a cotton candy machine) so for now I had to use bagged cotton candy. You can pick some up at a Dollar General store usually.
- These are a serve and eat treat.
- If the ice cream is melted when you add it or starts to melt during the process, your icing wont stick to the cone. It starts to slide.
- Make sure you do not overfill or at least use a larger cookie at the base to avoid ice cream leakage affecting your decorating.
- Don’t be afraid to get creative and theme your Princess Party Hats! Maybe strawberry ice cream, strawberry frosting, and strawberry cotton candy! Or blue ice cream, purple frosting, and white cotton candy! Do not be afraid to experiment for different flavors and themes.
- It’s fun to use all sorts of candies for decor from chocolate chips, to nerd candies, or even coconut shreds. I am still pushing around the Easter candy around here, so I like to dig through that bucket for some inspiration.
- Favorite Ice Cream
- Sugar Cones
- Cookies wafers
- Cotton Candy
This is so easy that I hesitate to give directions. All you do is add about half full or so of ice cream into the sugar cone.
I put frosting around my cookie edge to get it to stick inside. Feel free to use a larger cookie or flavored cookie for the base.
Use icing around the edges of the sugar cone and then decorate. I used a wilton icing tip to do it because it made it easier than a knife.
Add a sliver of cotton candy for the top.
I was flipping through a magazine one time in the grocery aisle and saw this idea...theirs was much fancier. I did the real person version.