SCHOOL IS HEADING BACK TO SESSION!
YAY! That means two things: a cleaner house in the morning and starving kids in the afternoon. I don’t know about your kids, but the minute, no the SECOND mine walk through the door, even often before I hear the slam, “I’m HUNGRY” comes echoing down the hall. Long days, energy spent, math class, and lastly that bus ride, really sucks it out of them. I am not a mom that thinks every moment has to be healthy, although I do like to squeeze in as much fruit and vegis I can get away with, but you can alter these recipe ideas to suit your needs based on your personal dietary restrictions.
These 5 Apple After School Snacks are a weeks worth of “awesome” complete with thumbs up from hungry kids. Plus, since they are all made with apples, it’s a cost-effective way to buy a bushel and get the most bang for your buck with no bad fruit! We are sharing with you 5 of our most favorite fun snacks for after school snacking, including an Apple Smiles Snack, a fun way to make a mini caramel apple, a no bake “apple cookie”, apple nachos, and a delicious peanut butter dip that is perfect all day long.
Serve up a smile with Apple Smiles! Also totally fun for Halloween or after a good dental checkup, make sure your afternoon snack is all smiles with this simple treat!
- Apple slices
- Peanut butter
- Mini marshmallows
- Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on an apple slice
- Place mini marshmallows on the peanut butter
- Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on another apple slice
- Place on top of marshmallows
- Repeat for as many smiles as you want to make
Mini Caramel Apples
Biting into a big caramel apple can be messy and wasteful for most kids. Create mini caramel apples for bitesized fun.
- Melon baller
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- Wilton lollipop sticks
- Cut an apple in half
- Use melon baller to make mini apple balls
- Stick lollipop stick into the apples balls
- Unwrap caramels and melt them in a double boiler over medium-high heat, with the 2 Tbsp of cream until smooth and creamy.
- Dip the apples into the caramel one by on and place them on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper.
- Place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes
Thinly sliced apples with peanut butter and all the fixins, make this a no bake cookie that everyone can enjoy in minutes.
- Peanut butter
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Core an apple
- Slice into circles
- Spread a layer of peanut butter on the circles
- Top with granola and chocolate chips
Not just for kids, make a double batch of these apple “nachos” for a plate of major MORE PLEASE!
- Caramel sauce
- Chocolate sauce
- Mini chocolate chips
- Slice apples into thin wedges
- Drizzle with chocolate and caramel sauce
- Top with mini chocolate chips
Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
Simple creamy dip, great for all the fruit you love, you can keep this one for an all day filler.
- 1 cup unsweetened peanut butter (I prefer crunchy)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Apple slices
Add all ingredients to a bowl. Beat on medium high speed with a hand mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
Want another one? click here for an Apple Funnel Cake!
1 thought on “5 Apple After School Snack Recipes”
These are great ideas Trisha! I am going to have two in school this year. I can absolutely relate to the “Mom, I am starving!!” I get from my two. The apple smiles are fun! I have made the apple cookies in the past but never thought to put chocolate chips and oats on them….but I have done coconut. I also am absolutely making that dip as soon as I grab some brown sugar! Yum!!
Comments are closed.