With Memorial Day and July 4th coming up shortly, I wanted to make a Red, White, and Blue Pizza Recipe. A challenge if you will!
Do you know how many foods are red, white, and blue??
I went through a wide range of failed red, white and blue cupcakes, strawberry cake (total icing disaster) and red velvet cake that just didn’t quite capture what I was looking for.
This entire time I have been wanting to focus on fruit because honestly, when I think of July 4th, I think of Strawberries and Cream, watermelon slices, and all sorts of fresh fruits. Even so, I was afraid to use fruit because when you are talking about a challenge, how “guilty” can a bowl of strawberries get?
Then I realized I was thinking way too literally…the strawberries just needed to be bathed in something guilty. I have seen “fruit” pizzas done so many different ways so here is mine to add to your ever growing recipes. I truly hope you love it and I would so love to hear about your rendition of this dessert.
Red, White, and Blue (Brownie) Pizza
- 1 package of brownie mix
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- lots of fruit! i used strawberries, blueberries, bananas, raspberries
- optional edible glitter
- Take brownie mix, water, oil and egg and blend. Spread in a pizza pan. I used a 9 inch to have a taller brownie, but you can use up to a 12 inch. Make sure the pan is greased and floured. Bake on 350 for 25 minutes.
- Take softened cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla and beat until smooth. Spread on brownie pizza and bake 15 more minutes. Cool.
- Arrange cut organic strawberries, bananas, and other fruits and top with cute glitter for a fun surprise.