This post is in partnership with TruMoo
With summer starting (for us) tomorrow we can officially kick off all the amazing plans we have the next three months of vacation. Much of that includes the pool, tons of outdoor time, cooking, crafts and camp, but it also is as great time to make sure that I am developing and enforcing good habits with my kids. This summer, on top of some heavy chore charts and restricted screen times, I am also doing my best to make sure they understand the importance and value of getting a healthy balance of foods and nutrients they need vs what they want. According to the National Institutes of Health, boys ages 9-13, girls ages, 9-18, are failing to meet their daily calcium requirements from diet alone.
And drinking a glass of milk is not the ONLY way to get calcium.
You can also get it inside a delicious treat!
I am so excited to share this fun idea, made from TruMoo milk, to help you meet some of your calcium* needs while enjoying what you are eating!
- Our bodies cannot produce new calcium so it is important to eat and drink foods rich in calcium. When we don’t get enough calcium for our body’s needs, it is taken from our bones.
As we know as parents, calcium is highly essential for building strong bones and growing up. Just telling your kids how ‘big and strong they will get when they eat right’ is the most common statement a parent can make. Like Traditional TrueMoo, TruMoo Calcium Plus chocolate milk contains no high fructose corn syrup, no artiﬁcial growth hormones, and no artiﬁcial sweeteners – but with 50% more calcium per serving than regular low-fat white milk.
Star Spangled Pudding Parfait Recipe
This stunning red, white, and blue dish makes a splash for your upcoming holiday party this summer- but shhh, don’t tell the kids- you are giving them much needed calcium too!
- 1 box of white chocolate pudding
- 2 cups of TruMoo milk (The one below is made with TruMoo Protien~!)
- Blue and red food coloring
- Red and blue melting chocolate and star candy mold (optional)
- Red and blue sprinkles
Mix pudding according to the directions on the box, except do not place in fridge to set.
Separate pudding into 3 containers
Quickly mix red food coloring into one bowl, then repeat in the second bowl with the blue food coloring. Leave the third bowl white.
Put in fridge to set for 30 minutes
Once its set, layer the pudding in cups and top with whipped and chocolate candy
If you are serving a large party, use 3 boxes and 6 cups of milk.
Ready to learn more about TruMoo?
- TruMoo Calcium Plus: Every carton of TruMoo comes complete with eight essential vitamins and minerals, including calcium. TruMoo Calcium Plus has 50% more calcium than regular lowfat milk, and all the delicious TruMoo taste you’ve come to expect. For strong bones, good nutrition and spectacular taste, TruMoo Calcium Plus is the perfect choice!
- TruMoo Chocolate Milk: Kids love what’s in it, and moms love what’s not. TruMoo Chocolate Milk has been formulated to contain nutritional benefits for your family, without sacrificing taste. It is sweetened just enough to help supplement the naturally occurring sugar in milk (lactose), but contains no high fructose corn syrup. TruMoo also provides 8 essential nutrients that kids need for critical development stages—making it a nutritiously delicious win-win for moms and kids. That’s why there’s truly no debate when choosing TruMoo!
Don’t forget to PIN THIS RECIPE for summer parties!