In my home when I ask my spouse what he wants for dinner, you can almost always bet that the word “tacos” will be following. But a girl can only eat so many tacos before she is looking for a new way to experience them. So this week I wanted to bring you a really quick, festive, and easily customizable recipe that is perfect for any family or any family get together!
Taco Soup in a slow cooker can be used as a fantastic appetizer at a gathering which can be made in a large batch or you can add some extras to create a full blown meal for a hungry family.
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 (11 ounce) can niblet corn
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 lb ground beef
1) First line your slow cooker with Reynolds Slow Cooker liner for easy clean up
2) Cook your ground beef and drain
3) Add your black beans, corn, tomatoes (do not drain) seasoning and meat all together into the crock pot and gently stir together
4) Fill half a can of water in your empty black bean can and dump in.
5) Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours
What is fantastic about this recipe is that its easily changeable. You can substitute black beans for kidney beans, add two cans of tomatoes instead of 1, add diced chili peppers for a more spicy soup, or alter with shredded chicken and white beans instead! There are countless ways to enjoy and enjoy in a new way that is perfect for YOUR family.
And when you are done, it’s super easy clean up!
My family likes to serve ours in cute little bread bowls!
- If you cook too long the water will start to evaporate. Make sure you turn your slow cooker to “warm” after the times noted above. You can always add additional water or even a can of tomato soup if you want more of a soup consistency…or you can let evaporate out and have more of a chunky chili feel.
- Add cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, and avocado on top.
- Use tortilla chips to dip!
- Works as appetizer, dip (with less water), or full fledged dinner…you decide!
Love this recipe? Vote for it!
14 thoughts on “Taco Soup Recipe in Bread Bowls”
I love this recipe, thanks for sharing!
Oh, and just to let you know the Pinterest button on this recipe is not working.
Ooohhh, I ‘m going to have to make that next week
This looks absolutely yum! I think I need the recipe for the bread too, because we certainly cannot get that over here.
These look delicious! I love the liner idea, I always steer away from my slow cooker because of the clean up.
YUM!! I lvoe bread bowl…!
That looks delicious! My family would devour that meal!
I love slower cooker recipes, and I REALLY love breadbowls! Must try this.
Looks super yummy. I bet this would be great with ground turkey as well.
Yum! I love anything in a slow cooker. This looks delish! I voted for you!
I might have to play with this. I could totally see letting the water evaporate a bit and then serving over nachos.
I need to get those slow cooker liners. My slow cooker is a mess after I use it. That soup looks really yummy too.
YUM!! That would be SUCH a hit at my house – especially in a bread bowl!
Oh, I have to try this! I love soup in bread bowls!
This looks totally wholesome AND filling.
Comments are closed.