In my home when I ask my spouse what he wants for dinner, you can almost always bet that the word “tacos” will be following. But a girl can only eat so many tacos before she is looking for a new way to experience them. So this week I wanted to bring you a really quick, festive, and easily customizable recipe that is perfect for any family or any family get together!
Taco Soup in a slow cooker can be used as a fantastic appetizer at a gathering which can be made in a large batch or you can add some extras to create a full blown meal for a hungry family.
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 (11 ounce) can niblet corn
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 lb ground beef
- If you cook too long the water will start to evaporate. Make sure you turn your slow cooker to “warm” after the times noted above. You can always add additional water or even a can of tomato soup if you want more of a soup consistency…or you can let evaporate out and have more of a chunky chili feel.
- Add cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, and avocado on top.
- Use tortilla chips to dip!
- Works as appetizer, dip (with less water), or full fledged dinner…you decide!
Love this recipe? Vote for it!