The hunt for the perfect dehydrator can be a long and daunting one. Perhaps in your search, you’ve stumbled across the Todo Stainless Steel Food Dehydrator and wondered if it would be a good purchase. In this article, we’ll provide you with a thorough Todo Food Dehydrator review and complete guide to determine what’s good (and bad) about this dehydrator and ultimately help you come to an informed decision!
Let’s get started!
Sleek in appearance and featuring a modern digital control panel, the Todo Food Dehydrator is a stylish and user-friendly model that is perfect for both the new and experienced user. This Todo model features two buttons to control the timer and temperature along with the digital display that shows the timer. The outside of this dehydrator consists of flawless stainless steel, though it’s worth noting that the internal components of the dehydrator are not stainless steel, but rather a food-grade, BPA-free plastic.
This unit comes with 5 removable and stackable trays, all made out of food-grade plastic, along with durable plastic sheets below each layer to catch any grease or debris, making clean up easier. The temperature ranges between 104 and 158 degrees Fahrenheit (40 to 70 degrees C), so it works great for the most delicate fruits as well as the toughest meats. The timer goes up to 36 hours maximum of heating time and the 250-watt dehydrator features overheat protection so that your foods don’t burn. Once the timer hits zero, the unit will automatically shut off.
- Easy to clean thanks to the removable trays
- BPA free
- Beautiful stainless steel exterior
- Simple to operate
- Overheat protection
- Great for all types of food
All-in-all the advantages of the Todo Food Dehydrator outweigh any disadvantages it may have. The trays are easy to clean, the unit, though it uses plastic, is BPA-free, the exterior is lovely, it’s simple to operate with only a few buttons and digital display, features overheat protection so your food won’t burn, and its temperature setting ranges from low to nearly 200 degrees for meats. Not to mention, it’s of great quality for the price. Who doesn’t love a high-quality budget-buy?
- The trays are made of plastic
Plastic trays are sometimes disputed as being negative in dehydrators due to the possibility of microplastics and harmful chemicals in plastic being released by the heat. However, this unit is BPA-free, which could provide some solace to health aficionados.
Benefits of Owning a Dehydrator
What are the benefits of owning a dehydrator, anyway? Believe it or not, dehydrators offer quite a few benefits that may sway your opinion. Including…
- Kitchen waste from spoilage will be reduced. If you notice that fruits and vegetables in your home often go to waste, a dehydrator can help to minimize the waste in your home! Are your bananas going brown? Slice them and dehydrate them for a snack that will last for years!
- You’ll be prepared in the event of an emergency. If you’re concerned about being unprepared in the event of an emergency, a dehydrator can bring peace of mind. Dehydrated food can last on average 5 to 10 years (at the most) — which is 5 to 10 years of food security for you and your family.
- You’ll be set for hikes and camping trips. Whether you’re on the road a lot or like to take the occasional hike or camping trip, dehydrated food make quick and easy snacks and even dinners. Re-hydrated foods can be made into soups and sides to go with your main course.
- You’ll save money. Food costs money, and unused food that is thrown away is just like tossing a few dollars bills in the trash. With a dehydrator, you’ll spend less money on food that will just go to waste.
Must-Have Dehydrator Accessories
Once you have your dehydrator, you can’t miss out on these awesome dehydrator accessories to make the process that much more fun!
1. LEM Products 468 Jerky Cannon
Jerky-making is a breeze with the LEM Products Jerky Cannon! Aside from the short, rectangular nozzle already attached to the Jerky Cannon, it comes with two nozzles (one rounded, and one an elongated rectangle shape) to give you perfect jerky every time. It’s made of stainless steel and durable plastics for a long-lasting product and the barrel can hold a generous 1 and a half pounds of meat at once! Two bags of seasoning (one for jerky and the other for meat sticks) and a nylon brush are also included with your purchase.
This would be a great accessory to have with your dehydrator if you plan to make jerky often!
2. The Ultimate Dehydrator Cookbook: The Complete Guide to Drying Food
Perhaps the most helpful accessory to go along with your dehydrator is this Ultimate Dehydrator Cookbook. Inside there are nearly 400 dehydrator recipes including jerky, fruits, vegetables, and more, along with how to sanitize your dehydrator, store your food, and rehydrate your dehydrated creations! Basically, this book contains everything you need to make the most of your new dehydrator.
3. Multi-Blade Adjustable Mandoline
Can’t seem to get your fruits and veggies sliced evenly? This Multi-Blade Adjustable Mandoline can help! With thousands of positive reviews, this is one dehydrator accessory you won’t want to skip out on. It comes with 5 high-quality, sharp stainless steel blades that can give you different styles and thicknesses of food and folds down nicely to fit in any drawer when not in use.
Best Foods to Dehydrate
Not all foods can be dried in a dehydrator, but there are certain foods that work wonders when dehydrated. Here are some of the best that can be dehydrated:
So after our Todo Food Dehydrator review, is this dehydrator worth it? After looking into this dehydrator, we’d say a resounding yes! For its price, this is a very high-quality dehydrator and despite the plastic trays (which may be a deal-breaker for some), it operates smoothly, would look great in any kitchen, and would be an ideal option for first-time users.