Let me tell y’all….spring is in full force here in the south.
We have green trees….
and freshly cut grass for the kids to say “WATCH ME MOM” in all day long….
And now that spring is here I am getting requests from the children to go to the lake, the beach, the pool and even the backyard! Phoenyx has been asking me for a picnic since last November and I can FINALLY oblige him!
Here is one of our favorite recipes for outside eating and I hope you enjoy!
Waldorf Salad Recipe
- ½ cup Hellmanns (squeeze just the perfect amount extra if you need it!)
- 1 tsp Lemon
- 1 pound diced up and cooked chicken (i boil mine)
- 2 celery stalks diced up
- Walnuts chopped to liking
- 2 apples,cut up into bite sized pieces, I leave skins on and use Red
- 1/2 cup grapes cut into 4ths, I use a mixture of purple and green seedless
Chop everything up, add your Hellmanns and then fold into a wrap or on some yummy bread. This is the ultimate picnic sandwich!
Now you can enjoy your spring AND eat it with all those delicious fruits and vegis piled on there.