Gearing up for Valentines day around here means Valentines day crafts and easy Desserts to share with your hunny. And what better way to represent a loving holiday then a nice red round perfect strawberry covered in white chocolate and sprinkled with life’s favorite little candies.
Am I right? Am I right?
Now I have covered mine in cutesy little nonpareils because they are the right amount of candy and crunch for a strawberry, but you can get creative with your colors, with other types of sugar or even with edible glitter! There are no bounds to strawberry dipping as far as I am concerned.
White Chocolate and Pink Nonpareil dipped Strawberries for Valentines Day
Let’s get started!
White Chocolate and Pink Nonpareil dipped Strawberries
Everything you need:
- 1 pound of fresh, ripe but not too ripe strawberries
- 8 ounces of quality white chocolate
- ½ cup pink nonpareils (or white + a dash of POWDERED food coloring)
- Thoroughly wash and dry your strawberries. To be certain they were dry I used a paper towel on each berry, including the green tops before dipping. You will want them to be at room temperature before dipping.
- While your berries are drying add your white nonpareils and a tiny dash of powdered food coloring a small bowl (we used a 4 oz mason jar). Slowly start to swirl the nonpareils around (think clockwise style motion) until the hot pink coloring has fully taken over all of the white. There will likely bit a little bit of the powered color left in the bottom of the dish that is fine.
TIP: The longer you swirl, the more developed and even the color will become.
- Melt your chocolate according to the package instructions.
- Have a tray lined with wax paper ready to go along with your chocolate and nonpareils in bowls that can easily be dipped into before starting. Melt your chocolate according to the package instructions. When everything is out you will want to move quickly to ensure you’re able to dip into the nonpareils before the chocolate starts to set.
TIP: We found it easiest to tilt the jar of nonpareils to the side a bit.
- That made dipping one side/half of the berry in a bit faster, neater and easier. After dipping carefully place each strawberry on the wax paper lined tray with enough space that they will not touch. Let set up full then cover or transfer to an air tight container and store in the refrigerator. Best when enjoyed the same day.