The other day my friend Lynsey and I were out at the cupcake shop drooling over some cupcakes and I noticed this really adorable table top tissue flower decor:
So we headed over to Micheal’s and picked up some tissue paper so I could attempt a similar craft at home. What I found is that this is a super easy DIY craft that would add a fun (and inexpensive) decoration to any room.
Tissue flowers are great for:
- Flower girls
- Table tops (change w/ season)
- Living room mantel
- Little girls room
- anything you can think of!
- (psstt…bloggers, cute idea for your food pictures!!)
DIY Easy Tissue Paper Flower Tutorial
1) Gather your tissue in the middle. You really only need 1-2 sheets, but you can use more if you are looking for a particular color scheme. I used really big full sheet tissue for this set up, the same kind you would get for a present.
2) Tie in the middle with a twist tie, ribbon, or metal tie as seen above
3) fold in half with both ends facing the same direction and then put the bottom inside a jar. Some ideas are to fill the jar with marbles, tissues, or shells to “pretty it up”.
After I made this “big” flower, I decided to cut the tissue in half, gather both pieces in a bunch, use the same method of tying, and cut around the edges to give it more of a “flower” look. I combined both tissue flowers into the jar.
Here is the result:
And because you don’t need to water these “flowers” they would make a perfect addition to a guest bathroom or bedroom! And before you leave, do not forget to check out my How to make a tutu Chandelier!