Heading to the doctor’s office to learn the sex of your baby is an exciting time in a mom’s life. Typically, moms will learn the gender of their baby at 18 to 21 weeks, but in some cases can be as early as 14 weeks! Once the news is out, you can celebrate by finding a creative way to let your friends and family know. For mom, gender reveal shirts are a great way to add a little fun to either a gender reveal party or photos.
When choosing from the gender reveal shirts for mom below, think about what kind of theme you’ll want to have for either a party or photo shoot. Do you want to keep things classic and simple? Are you a cute nerdy mom who wants to show off a fun side? Do you want to keep the gender hidden on your shirt or use the shirt to break the surprise? Have fun, and enjoy the entire process of letting out your big secret!
What Are Gender Reveal Shirts?
The moment you discover the sex of your baby is a magical time, and one you’ll want to share with the world. Gender reveal shirts for mom can play a big part in how you choose to share the news with your loved ones.
Gender Reveal Photoshoots
Gender reveal shirts for mom are great photo props for announcing the news with a photoshoot. There are many ways for mom to share the big news while rocking her adorable gender reveal shirt.
Here are some ideas for a gender reveal photoshoot:
- Hidden note: Have the doctor write the baby’s gender on a notecard and seal it in an envelope. Have the photographer capture the special moment the gender is revealed.
- Shirts: Choose from one of the gender reveal shirts for mom below to make the announcement for an easy and fun way to break the news.
- Pets: If your dog or cat was your first “baby,” then why not have them help with the news? Place a sign by your dog that says, “I’m getting a little brother!” or “I’m getting a little sister!” depending on what the gender is.
- Balloons: Hold balloons for the first photo while wearing one of the genders reveal shirts below, showing only the strings of the balloons. For the second photo, reveal either pink or blue balloons to reveal the secret.
- Banners: Mom and dad can proudly hold a banner stating “It’s a girl!” or “It’s a boy!” to spread the news to loved ones
Gender Reveal Parties
Why not have the whole gang there when everyone finds out the sex of the baby? Gender reveal parties are similar to baby showers, except the purpose of this party is, you guessed it, to reveal the baby’s gender. Many moms don’t ask for gifts at this type of party, though this is optional.
Here are a few ways to reveal the gender of your baby at a gender reveal party:
- Pinatas: Fill a pinata with either blue or pink candies and have the guests take turns hitting it until the secret is out.
- Balloons: Put blue or pink balloons inside of a box and open up the box when you’re ready to reveal the gender.
- Hershey’s Bars: Either color in the “he” part of the candy bar blue or the “she” part pink and give them to your guests to unveil the secret.
- Cupcakes: Bake cupcakes and add pink and blue sprinkles to the icing. On the inside, put either blue or pink icing to let the guests know which gender your baby will be. The “stud muffin or cupcake” shirt would be a great option for this reveal!
- Confetti Poppers: Use blue or pink confetti to announce the exciting surprise! When the time is right, have everyone pop the confetti for the big reveal.
Related: DIY Gender Reveal Cake
1. Maternity Blue and Pink Hand Prints
This simple and chic maternity shirt is perfect for an expecting mom who wants to look cute and casual at the gender reveal party. The pink and blue hands form a little heart together for a sweet little addition to your already precious baby bump.
Although it’s more of a graphic T styled shirt, it was made with pregnant women in mind. It’s tailor-made so that there’s a comfy spot for your belly. You’ll be comfortable at the party, and all of the guests will love how adorable it looks on you! It does tend to run a little small, so if your little boy or girl had grown a little more than expected, you might need to size up.
2. Pink Or Blue We Love You Maternity Gender Reveal Shirt
How sweet is this maternity shirt? This black shirt features pink and blue writing in a gorgeous hand-written, feminine font. The little heart on your bump has two tiny pink and blue footprints to show off the boy or girl in your belly. The ruching on this shirt will not only look adorable wrapped around the bump but will keep you nice and comfy for the gender reveal party.
3. Ribbon Girl Or Boy Women’s Maternity T-Shirt
For a simple and to the point graphic tee, this ribbon printed T-shirt will look amazing on the mom to be. Although it’s a graphic T styled shirt, it’s got a little extra room for the belly to breathe in. The staying will give a slimming effect where you want it most, while also accentuating your bump.
4. Spoiler Alert It’s a Boy Funny Gender Reveal Pregnancy Announcement T-Shirt
Want to just cut to the chase? If you’re expecting a boy and just want to let the guests gasp in awe the second they see you, then this is the perfect shirt for you! You could also tie a ribbon around the writing to add a small element of surprise and have your hubby untie it when it comes time for the reveal.
5. Witch Or Wizard Brewing Tshirt
If you’re expecting a Halloween baby, or are just a proud nerdy mom to be, this witch or wizard shirt is a fun spin on the traditional gender reveal shirt. You could even do an entire theme at the party or photo shirt with this funny Tshirt. Gather everything your witch or wizard will need – a broom, a cauldron, and a magic wand as props to your gender reveal activities.
6. Maternity Question Mark Heart Maternity Tee
Everyone’s been asking you the big question, “What’s the gender of your baby?” Whether you’re planning a photo shoot or a party, this shirt will finally be the last time your close friends and family members will need to ask the big Q.
7. Pink or Blue Can’t Wait to Meet You Graphic Tee T-Shirt
You’re counting down the days until the newest member of your family arrives. What better way to express your excitement than wearing this sweet gender reveal graphic T. Because let’s be real, whether you’re celebrating in colors of pink or blue – your little bundle of joy is going to get so much love. This makes an excellent shirt for moms who are going to be finding out the gender at the party or photoshoot along with all of the guests.
8. I’m Just Here for The Sex Funny Graphic Tee
For the sarcastic moms who want to add in a little humor, you can’t go wrong with this funny graphic tee. Although you may want to wear this for an adults-only party, it is sure to get a ton of laughs. This shirt doesn’t have the extra belly, so keep that in mind when choosing the size. You could also get this for the expecting dad; he’ll probably get a kick out of it!
9. What’s in the oven?
You have a bun in the oven, and it’s time to see what’s been cooking! This would be such a fun theme for photos or your gender reveal party (and a good excuse to bake an excessive amount of sweets!) Whether you’re having a little stud muffin or cute cupcake baking in the oven, they’re sure to be loved by you and your sweetie.
10. Keep of The Gender
You’ve been keeping the secret for long enough, and now it’s time for the keeper of the gender to make the big reveal. This shirt is perfect for a party where you’ll be announcing your surprise in a big and fun way. Have your guests submit their guesses to the “keeper of the gender” and see how many guessed correctly for a fun party game.
11. He or She What Will It Bee
Are you having a bee themed party or photoshoot for your gender reveal? If so, then this adorable shirt is going to make the perfect attire for the big day. You just found out what the gender of your little bee is, and your guests are going to smile with anticipation to find out what you’re expecting. Pair with some cute bee cookies and have guests put their guesses in a fake pot of honey for a fun gender reveal theme.
The moment you discover the sex of your baby is a magical moment, and one you’ll want to share with the world. Gender reveal shirts for mom can play a big part in how you choose to share the news with your loved ones. The moment you discover the sex of your baby is a magical moment, and one you’ll want to share with the world. Gender reveal shirts for mom can play a big part in how you choose to share the news with your loved ones.