This weekend I had the pleasure of using fresh mangos to create a fun snack for Sunday afternoon that solicited a lot of “mmms” and “yummms” and “these are so good” from my family. Mangos, the worlds most popular fruit (really! Nope, it is not bananas or apples!), has a sweet taste and a soft texture, perfect with anything from pancakes to salsa and read for dinner, breakfast or dessert.
I am going to show you a really easy way to enjoy these in under 10 minutes in your home!
As a plus, mangos are only 100 calories per cup, which makes them just about the perfect food!
How to make 10 minute Mango Nachos
- Package of large tortillas
- mangos (I used 3 ripe mangos)
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 400
- Spread butter on front and back of tortillas.
- Take 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tbls cinnamon and mix in bowl.
- Cut tortillas in pie slices, dip in cinnamon and sugar mixture, and place on cookie sheet. Place in oven for for approx 3 minutes, then turn over to do another 3 minutes. You may need to monitor your oven for shorter or longer times. I found that about 6 minutes worked well for mine.
- Once you pull out the tortillas, sprinkle with a little extra sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- After cooling, place on serving tray and drizzle with prepped and melted caramel. Cover with your cut mangos (how to cut a mango here).
- Top with whipped cream
Eat, eat, eat! And Boy, did we eat! I almost felt guilty. Almost.
The National Mango Board challenged me to spend a week creating healthier eating and snacking habits for my family. Join the conversation and one of my readers will receive a cookbook and a chance to win a shipment of mangos and $200 gift card to Williams-Sonoma.