Looking for an easy treat to bring for a Valentines School party? Check out these Red Velvet Rice Krispies Treats, shaped like a heart and covered in goodness! Ok, maybe its just cream cheese frosting, but really- same thing. Lick your lips worthy, you can bring the fun of a classic Rice Krispie Treat up to part with a Red Velvet twist. And creating these heart shapes- SO EASY!
Red Velvet Rice Krispies Treats Hearts
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups mini marshmallows about ½ 10oz bag
- ⅓ cup Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix just the powder
- 4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate baking chips
- 1 tub Duncan Hines cream cheese frosting
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, melt the butter.
- Add the marshmallows and cake mix, stirring frequently until the marshmallows have melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in cereal, then chocolate chips.
- Press into a greased jelly roll pan and allow to cool in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Cut each heart with a cookie cutter and frost with the cream cheese frosting.