There are few things I like more in this world than summer.
And in summer all things good happen.
Picnics, BBQ’s, and if you are lucky, lots and lots of tantalizing, yummy, indulgent desserts.
Like this one…
Inspired by the Strawberry Buttermilk Sherbet recipe in the Cooking Light magazine, here is a tasty way to kick off this summers sweetest sweets with Strawberries.
And a kick.
FACT: Did you know that “Sherbert” is a frozen dessert made primarily of fruit juice, sugar, and water, and also containing milk, egg white, or gelatin and “Shebert” is Turkish and means “drink”? In other words, it doesn’t matter how you spell it.
Cause you know you were thinking it.
Strawberry Chambord Sherbert
- 2 cups of chopped strawberries
- 1/3 agave nectar
- 1 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 3 tbl Chambord Flavored Vodka
- 1 Tbls lemon
Combine Strawberries and Agave into a blender. Blend until smooth. Smell. Delish.
Add whipping cream and reblend.
Add Chambord and pulse.
Add lemon juice and pulse.
Pour into a freezer safe bowl, cover, and freeze. Mine took about 3-4 hours to get good and solid. I put in a glass bowl and covered in plastic wrap.
(Optional Step 5a: Enjoy a taste testing of the Chambord.....you work hard, you deserve it)
6) No pressure, but you can cut up some of your extra strawberries, put in a bowl, cover in a 1/2 cup of sugar and let them get all gooey and sugary…then pour on the top of your sherbert right before serving.
- Fat content? Who cares.
- Calories? Who cares.
- Carbs? Um…really? Who cares.
- Healthy? It has fresh strawberries, what more do you want from me?
Love Strawberries? Try Organic Strawberry Shortcake!