Searching for the best bread maker on the market for your needs can seem like a daunting task. With so many models available, how can you know what’s a good buy and what isn’t? In this article, we’ll make the process that much easier by bringing you an in-depth, thorough T-fal Bread Maker Review!
Let’s get started!
The T-fal Bread Maker
Though it’s not exactly the best budget buy, the T-fal Bread Maker is highly rated and loaded with unique features for bread making.
It has 15 programmable settings including Gluten-free salty, gluten-free sweet, gluten-free cake, rapid whole wheat, whole wheat, salt-free, super rapid, rapid sweet bread, french, sweet, cooking, dough, cake, jam, and pasta. Which is excellent, and would make this bread maker a great choice for those who plan to play around with different recipes and bake bread or other goodies often. Along with the bread and food type settings, there are also 3 bread sizes (1, 1.5, and 2-pound loaves) to choose from as well as 3 crust colors (light, medium, or dark crust).
This bread maker puts out 700 watts of power and features a modern, sleek digital display with indicator light. The body is made of stainless steel with black detailing, making it stylish and perfect for practically any kitchen decor. The operation consists of a Start/Stop button, a Menu button to select the type of bread (or other goodies), a bread size and bread color button, and up and down buttons for the time. The timer includes up to a 15-hour delay along with an automatic keep-warm function to hold your bread until you’re ready to eat.
The top of the bread maker has a viewing window so that you can keep an eye on the progress your bread is making. Included with your purchase is a measuring cup and spoon, kneading blade, hook, and recipe book with 25 delicious recipes to try!
- Features 15 settings for various bread kinds, sweets, and other delicious foods
- 3 bread sizes to choose from (1, 1.5, and 2-pound loaves)
- 3 crust color settings (light, medium, and dark)
- 700-watt machine
- Recipe book and bread-making utensils included
- Sleek design
- Comprehensive digital display and operation
- Easy to clean
Right off the bat, it’s clear that the T-fal Bread Maker has more pros than it has cons. The things that stick out the most are the variety of settings that allow you to cook practically any type, size, and color of bread you want, the sleek design, and the fact that it’s easy to clean and non-stick. This bread machine provides everything you need to bake bread and will save you time cleaning and money in the long run by making bread at home.
- This bread maker is pretty expensive and would not be a good budget buy. If you’re looking for a high-quality, cheap bread maker, check out our article covering the Best Bread Makers Under $100!
The only downside that we see to this bread maker is the price. It is on the high end of the spectrum, and may not be affordable for every consumer. There are other options available that work just as well and have just as many features for (much) less money.
Bread Making Tips
Having a bread maker is useless if you don’t know how to use it to its highest potential. Follow these bread making tips to get the best bread possible!
- Measure the ingredients accurately. Don’t just guess and pour the ingredients in the breadmaker. Measuring ingredients accurately is the difference between a fluffy loaf of bread and a lumpy, holey, doughy mess!
- Put the ingredients in the machine in the correct order. You don’t want to add ingredients in the improper order and mess the process up. Many machines have components to put the ingredients in, others require you to put the ingredients in one-by-one, yourself.
- Use real cane sugar. Sugar feeds the yeast used in bread dough and helps the bread to rise and fluff.
- Be sure to use bread flour rather than all-purpose flour. Bread flour is higher in protein and is necessary to give texture to the bread.
Backdoor Survival has an excellent article detailing 10 more bread making tips and solutions to common problems!
Our Favorite Bread Making Accessories
Once you’ve decided on a bread maker, you may want to consider some of our favorite bread maker accessories to make the process more fun and simpler!
1. Bambusi Bread Slicer Cutting Guide
Now that you have your bread made, how do you plan to get those perfectly even, delectable slices? If you’re particular about how your food looks, or just want to make slicing bread easier, this Bambusi Bread Slicer may be a perfect addition to your kitchen utensil collection! It’s fairly affordable, made of gorgeous bamboo wood, and includes a stainless steel bread knife.
It also comes with a crumb catcher so that you can empty the crumbs neatly into the trash can rather than clean up a mess on your kitchen counter. Once you’re done using the slicer, simply fold it flat and store it to your preferences.
2. WERTIOO Bread Proofing Basket
This lovely rattan bread proofing basket is a classic addition to any kitchen. Serve your bread in style with the chemical-free, all-natural wooden basket and linen liner cloth. You can also use this to make bread, as the rattan rings give the dough a unique texture and shape. If you don’t want to use it in the bread-making process, simply slice your baked bread and neatly place it in the covered basket to serve.
3. 8-Inch Offset Wavy Edge Bread Knife
No need for fancy cutters? This 8-inch wavy edge bread knife will do the trick to slice and serve your homemade breads. It has thousands of raving reviews and a protective finger guard and a textured grip to prevent slipping and accidents.
4. Natural Bamboo Roll Top Bread Box
Breadbasket not your cup of tea? This natural bamboo bread box is stylish and would look great in any kitchen! It protects your bread from insects and keeps loaves fresh for days. It’s made of 100% bamboo and can hold two regular sized loaves easily for daily use. It’s not dishwasher safe, but you can clean it with a mild detergent, warm water, and a scrub brush to remove any crumbs.
5. Pop-Up Picnic Mesh Food Covers
These Pop-Up Picnic Mesh Food Covers would be a great purchase alongside a bread maker if you plan to sell your homemade bread, go on picnics, or so forth. This is a 6 pack, so you could use the other 5 for any food open to the air whenever you’re outdoors. They come in 5 different colors that would be adorable for themed gatherings or to match your kitchen decor including light blue, purple, white, yellow, and red (our favorite is the light yellow!). Plus, they’re surprisingly affordable and a breeze to set up!
After our T-fal Bread Maker Review, have we determined that this bread maker is worth the buy?
Well, as with anything, it depends on your specific needs and preferences. Overall, we feel like this would be an excellent choice for those who can afford the purchase and plan to bake a lot of bread and a lot of different types of bread. However, if you don’t plan to make homemade bread all that often, or you don’t need all of the features found on this machine, it’s probably not a worthwhile buy.
Stop By MomDot’s Bread Recipes (You Don’t Wanna Miss These)!
Making bread but don’t know what recipes to incorporate it in? Check out MomDot’s favorite homemade bread recipes!
- Banana and Apple Simple Bread Recipe
- Cheesy Bruschetta Pull-Apart Bread
- Dinner is Better with Bread. And Cheese. And Bacon (Recipe)
- Pumpkin Bread: Our Fall Favorite
- Bruschetta Recipe with Olives, Vinegar, and Artisan Bread