Tater tot casserole is such an easy simple dinner! Totally kid friendly and very filling, you cannot go wrong with combining a few simple ingredients and putting this one in your rotation.
Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
Tater tot casserole (often spelled Tator tot) is a well loved family friendly meal that can easily be altered into a new recipe for many different experiences.
While this recipe is a chicken and cheese version, you can also make a taco tater tot casserole with hamburger meat and taco seasonings or form this into a breakfast casserole for a deluxe breakfast of kings!
3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 cup sour cream
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1-1-oz package dry Ranch dressing mix
6 pieces bacon, cooked and chopped
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1- 2lb bag tater tots, still frozen
How to make Tater Tot Casserole
This recipe is super simple that you should have no problem making for dinner tonight.
As with all recipes, the timing will depend on your own oven, so while its listed as 30 minutes of baking time, start checking around the 25 minute mark to be safe.
Tater tot casserole is such an easy simple dinner! Totally kid friendly and very filling, you cannot go wrong with combining chicken, cheese and bacon and putting this one in your rotation.
- 3-4 chicken breasts cooked and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can Cream of Chicken soup
- 1-1- oz package dry Ranch dressing mix
- 6 pieces bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1- 2 lb bag tater tots still frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, cream of chicken soup and dry ranch mix until well blended.
- Add in chicken, bacon and cheese, stir well then add frozen tater tots.
- Pour into a 9"x12" casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.