Spring is finally here, and as the sun starts to shine and nature blooms, the recipes we warmed up with during the winter start to fade into the background. Spring is a time for refreshing, fruity desserts with bright colors and gorgeous decoration!
Tarts have been a beloved Spring and Summer dessert for generations, and as complicated and beautiful as they often look, they’re surprisingly simple to make, even for those who aren’t quite experts in the kitchen. These desserts are perfect for brunch, a Sunday dessert, picnics, family gatherings, and other springtime occasions.
With Spring in full swing and Summer imminent, we decided to share our absolute favorite Lemon Tart recipe. But this isn’t just any old tart recipe — it’s transparent!
Without further ado, let’s jump into the recipe!
This Transparent Lemon Tart Recipe is a super refreshing and beautifully crafted dessert idea that would be perfect for brunch. This recipe is a terrific sweet treat for Spring and Summer.
How to Decorate Your Transparent Lemon Tart
While this tart looks amazing when plain, you can turn it into a work of art by decorating it with colorful edibles!
- Mint leaves and lemon slices
- Whipped topping
- Blueberries or raspberries
- Orange slices
- Edible flowers
Transparent Lemon Tart Recipe
Scroll to the bottom for the printable version of this recipe!
- 1 tart crust (6-inch)
- 5 sheets of gelatin (soaked in water)
- 2 cups clear lemon tea
This Transparent Lemon Tart recipe can serve about 4-6 people, depending on how hungry you are and the size of slices you cut.
Transparent Lemon Tart Instructions
1. Prepare the tart filling. Pour the clear lemon tea into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the gelatin into the pot and stir until thoroughly mixed and dissolved.
2. Create and chill your tart. Pour the filling into the tart crust. Place the tart into the refrigerator and allow to cool and harden for 30 minutes.
3. Decorate to your heart’s content. Decorate your transparent lemon tart with edible flowers, whipped topping, lemon slices, mint leaves, orange slices, or meringue. To make meringue:
- In a mixing bowl, add 2 egg whites. Add 2 1/2 Tablespoons of sugar into the egg whites as you beat the whites with a hand mixer. Beat until fluffy and peaks begin to form. Brown the meringue with a kitchen torch.
And there we go! A beautiful and refreshing Transparent Lemon Tart!
Be sure to check out some of MomDot’s other dessert favorites before you go:
- Fried Peach Pies
- Lemon Oreo Truffles
- Instant Pot Cheesecake With Strawberries
- Instant Pot Lemon Cheesecake
Don’t forget to leave a rating or comment to let us know how you like the recipe! Thank you, and ENJOY!
This Transparent Lemon Tart recipe is a refreshing and beautiful Spring dessert idea perfect for picnics, family gatherings, Sunday afternoons, and other springtime occasions.
- 1 Tart crust (6-inch)
- 5 Sheets of gelatin (Soaked in water)
- 2 Cups Clear lemon tea
- 2 Egg whites
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Granulated sugar
Prepare the tart filling. Pour the clear lemon tea into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the gelatin to the pot and stir until melted and combined.
Create & chill your tart. Pour the filling into the tart crust. Place the tart into the fridge and allow to cool and harden for 30 minutes.
Decorate to your heart's desire. Decorate your Transparent Lemon Tart with edible flowers, whipped topping, mint leaves, lemon slices, orange slices, or meringue.
Mix egg whites and sugar. In a mixing bowl, add egg whites. Slowly add sugar as you whip the egg whites with a hand mixer. Mix until fluffy and peaks begin to form.
Decorate tart & brown meringue. Pipe meringue onto the tart. With a lighter or kitchen torch, brown tops of meringue.