This is an easy peasy dinner soup that is perfect for a quick fix meal that still tastes like you spent all day on it. Another lovely thing about this recipe is that it is very easy to add or take away ingredients to make it exactly how your family enjoys their Mexican dishes.
Black Bean and Salsa Soup Recipe
- 2 cans black beans
- cup of Salsa
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 2 tbls lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 can corn
- approx 3 cups torn up, precooked chicken
- 1 tbls cilantro
- I take approx 10 boneless, skinless chicken strips and fry them up in butter on a skillet. I prefer my chicken to get slightly brown on both sides. Once they are out and cool enough, I tear up into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Add cans of black beans (no need to drain or rinse), broth ( I noted that it has 2 cups of broth..I like my soup to have a little soupy consistency, but to make it chunkier, just put 1.5 cups instead), can of corn (drained), lime juice, cumin, and salsa. Stir and heat to a boiling, then turn down to med heat.
- Add pre-cooked chicken, stir.
- Add cilantro.
- Cook and stir for about 5 minutes till heated.
- Serve into bowls and add toppings like tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, and a side of chips!