With Memorial day coming up (and 4th of July not far behind), no doubt you are planning a fun celebration. And what is a party without some firecrackers??!
So here is a super fun way to pass out cookies that will make the kids “ooh and ahh” when they pop in their mouth!
To make it easy, I am showing you the recipe in photos.
Memorial day Firecracker Cookies
- your favorite sugar cookie recipe
- butter cream or white frosting
- 2 packs of pop rocks
- white sugar + blue gel paste
1) Make your favorite sugar cookie recipe
2) Frost with butter cream
3) Create blue sugar by adding sugar and blue gel paste into a blender and turn on for 30 seconds
4) Sprinkle sugar on frosting
5) Sprinkle pop rocks on cookies…you will hear them crackle as they hit the frosting
6) The kids will bite in and they will “explode” in their mouths like a firecracker!