Chase Baby Blueprint Nursery Challenge
First of all, if you missed my first three posts, make sure you catch up! This adventure has been a blast taking care of getting the old purple playroom into something that is more suitable for a newborn baby boy. I would first like to thank Chase for creating a campaign that allowed us three bloggers to take $2000 and budget it into the baby room.
Now on with the show!
Here is the room PRIOR to the makeover. It was Charlotte’s play room and was done in purple and hand painted murals (that I did) and of course, an abundance of toys…
I have left you with many, many questions. From chair rail to murals, which route did I go? I think showing is better than telling.
My Baby Boy Beach Nursery
Is that a makeover or WHAT!~
Now let me break it down for you.
I changed the nursery first by finding the crib. Once I had a crib to center the room around, I found custom made beach bedding which set the colors and tone of where I wanted to go, which prompted a painting match. Next, I found the surfboard fan, which I was afraid would change the entire feel of the room, but has actually been a very welcome piece that keeps the room cool and brings in a wooden element.
From there it was about incorporating some elements that would bring the room more personalization. I had this vision in my head of huge pictures the baby would see when he woke up (of family) and took some pictures and had them framed in large black and whites in the wainscoting-eseque frames. Then I added open shadow box shelves and started shopping and collecting seashells and other trinkets from the local area. It was very important to me to have some artisan work from our own coastline artists, so I used the “Pensacola Pelican”, which is an icon around here, some glass pieces from the beach shops, and even a beach car that I got right at a gas station.
Now the palm tree picture on the dresser is actually from Mexico. That was all finger painting if you can believe it!
I also picked up items that you cant see very well like a seashell nightlight and pewter covers for the light switches that are engraved with beach life.
Originally I had picked up that rug randomly trying to break up some of the beige in the room and once I got it in I was unsure….I decided to keep it and feel the room out and once the mural was on the wall, I just really loved the way it all came together. Last but not least, I added a baby hamper and a small storage and sitting bench where I could put toys, stuffed animals, or right now before he can reach it, baby supplies and shoes.
Let me re-remind you:
- Objective: Create Nursery using my Slate card with Blueprint staying on Budget
- Budget: $2000 from Chase to accomplish the task
- Goal: To balance it all out, get my needs (and a few wants) and use my Chase Slate card with Blueprint to keep this shopping experience painless and stress free
- Prize: $500 and up!
Where did you get all your nursery items?
I have been posed this question a lot during the duration of the nursery makeover. I wanted to make a quick list because I keep getting comments and emails asking about everything from the crib to the hampers.
If you want to see lots of other design ideas for either your nursery or decorating ideas for kids, visit BlueiStyleBlog.com.
Here is where you can buy the nursery items that I have in my nursery:
- Dresser – Babies R Us
- More Info: This dresser was part of Charlotte’s nursery set 6 years ago. I moved it into the nursery and got her a new shelving unit for her clothing. I am not sure if this set is around anymore, but nonetheless, you can get the version of what they have now there. It had a wardrobe, crib, and dresser and we bought all three pieces.
- Cost: I don’t remember since it was a recycled piece.
- Crib – Goores
- More Info: Read more about the crib and its brand in this extended article
- Cost: Approximately $500
- Glider/Ottoman: Hayneedle
- More Info: Read more about this glider and win your own here!
- Cost: Approximately $750
- Mural – Murals Your Way
- More Info: Read more about the application of this mural here
- Cost: Dependent on your size of room
- Hamper – Babies R Us
- More info: The hamper was on clearance and came in a 6 piece wicker set.
- Cost: Approximately $45
- Frames – Micheal’s Craft Store
- More Info: The frames were 40% off at Micheal’s, I went to a lot of places before I found this paneling type frame.
- Cost Per frame: Approximately $35 with coupon
- Pictures – Kodak Online
- More Info: I used my personal photos into 11/14 black and white matte photos and overnight shipping. I did professional quality.
- Cost: Approximately $50 for all three
- Bench – Target
- More Info: The bench was really inexpensive and came with the topper. Assembly was easy.
- Cost: Approximately $59.99
- Wall shelves – Target
- More Info: These were in the framing aisle. I looked a lot of places and this was the only place I found that carried this open frame/shelf idea.
- Cost: Approximately $19.99
- Beach Items – Variety of places…
- More info: I bought mine at Alvins Island and Geronimo’s Outpost on Pensacola Beach. The BEACH sign on the window I got at TJ Maxx. I also purchased at a gas station in Alabama. I know..very random, but I live in a coastal area so beach pieces are everywhere.
- Cost: I spend hundreds on decor, like seashells, nightlights, light switch, etc.
- Bedding – Etsy LinenBaby
- More info: I bought this from a seller on Etsy and it was all handmade and one of a kind. She even made me a matching pillow for the glider. She has opened a new etsy store here.
- Cost: Approximately $245
- Rug – Kohls
- More info: I had been looking at rugs in a lot of places and settled on this patch work one at Kohls.
- Cost: Approximately $35
- Paint- Lowes
- More Info: The paint was called Stormy Cove and came prepped with primer to save coating time. Brand was Valspar in Satin.
- Cost: Approximately $150 including 2 gallons of paint, all paint supplies
- Valence – Bed, Bath, and Beyond
- More Info: This was a linen set and they did have a full curtain as well, but I opted just for the Valence because I had blinds.
- Cost: Approximately $30
- Fan- Lowes
- More Info: This surfboard fan changes sides so you can have a neutral colored stripe on one side and carries a pink stripe on the other. It has to be special ordered but is delivered to your home in just a few days, free of charge.
- Cost: Approximately $265
Now of course Chase Slate with Blueprint has been there through it all, from the first purchase to the last, I have been able to keep control on where the majority of my money has been spent and how quickly I am paying it down.
Don’t forget that this was a nursery challenge, so its a competition (Vote for me!) and making sure I stay on task was of the utmost importance. The last thing I needed to distract me from the end goal of this room was worrying about money. Slate allowed me an easy way to pay for my purchases while Blueprint allowed me an easily accessible and easy ability to set up payment plans that fit right into that budget.
Controlling interest charges are always a big deal for anyone utilizing credit cards and knowing that I have the ability to pay exactly within my own budget based on the payment plan I choose, from Full Pay, Split Pay, or Finish It will keep any parent (or anybody) with a fantastic hold on their own personal budgets.
Again, thanks to Chase and thanks to everyone that has followed this challenge and enjoyed watching my purple playroom go to Baby boy Nursery.
Now all I need is a baby.
*disclosure: This post is a part of the Chase Blueprint Baby Challenge where I am in competition against 3 other bloggers showcased on Parents.com for a nursery makeover. This is a compensated and sponsored post. To learn more about Chase, please go here. To read more about the other bloggers, go here.
62 thoughts on “Grand Finale! My Nursery Reveal!”
Beautiful room. Where did you get the mural?
Thankyou! I ordered it from http://www.muralsyourway.com/
Hi, Where did you get the crib? I love that it folds down to make it easier on your back. Thanks!
https://www.momdot.com/babys_dream_legendary_convertible_crib/ Here is where I wrote about it. Its the Babys Dream Legendar Convertible and I got it from Goores.
Beautiful! Where did you get the starfish bedding? I can not find anything like that anywhere.
I had it custom made from a seller on etsy.
Are you possibly done with the bedding and willing to sell it? Its the only bedding I’ve found that I liked.
Can you please tell me where you got the starfish bedding?! My baby is due in June and I want to model my nursery off of your brilliant design!
I actually got it on Etsy hand made…the lady that made the bedding is no longer making them, but I am sure you can find someone just as talented there!
Hey! Love this…working on trying to put together a beach themed nursery for my baby boy due in March! The beach wall…is this a painting? a wall decal? It’s very pretty!
Its a wallpaper mural, Its removable but its the entire wall. Its from Murals Your Way.com
I absolutely love this room! I’d love to do something similar, can you tell me where you found the crib bumper?
On etsy..it was handmade! Thank you for the lovely compliment.
Which shop on Etsy did you use? LOVE the bedding.
Love the colors.. amazing…classy and refreshing..best to you and nice to meet you Trisha..
Thank you for email earlier today..
gorgeous room definitely the winner!!! i was wondering where you bought the hamper from …..
I got it at Babies R Us. It was a 6 piece set and about $40. Came w/ the hamper and matching baskets and kleenex cover.
Wow! You managed to do all that with only $2000. Amazing! Love it!
Voted! Your nursery totally is the best. Makes me want another one just so I can do another nursery…
This nursery is BEAUTIFUL! Voted for you!
omg, its absolutely DARLING!! I love it!!!
Oh WOW! I LOVE it! It’s not overdone and is classy! Simply gorgeous!
I LOVE the nursery!!! Awesome makeover job!!!
I love love how it turned out!
I love love how it turned out!! So amazingly beautiful!
Perfect! I love the way it turned out be. Everything fell in place nicely. You had some great ideas.
THAT is a makeover! I love it… the mural and carpet are gorgeous.
You did a wonderful job at everything.
I voted for you and think you deserve to win, not just because I love you, but the change is incredible.
I love it! Makes me miss the beach! 🙂
DANG! That is completely beautiful!!! I absolutely LOVE it! All of it! Every square inch! BEAUTIFUL!!!! Wow! Next time I have a baby (cough cough if that ever happens) I’m calling you to be my baby makeover designer! lol
Good luck, I voted for ya!
Love, love, love it!! So cute!
I absolutely, positively love it! It is so so gorgeous – you totally deserve to win – I voted for you!
It is absolutely stunning. So beautiful and soothing. You did an amazing job!
LOVE the mural!!!! So pretty! I voted!
Gorgeous! You have excellent taste.
Oh it is absolutely gorgeous! You did sooo good!! The mural is amazing and so are all the tiny details that you thought of. Great job mama!!!
Oh wow Trisha, it looks amazing! I love how sophisticated it is, and how soothing the colors are. I think you’ll have many peaceful hours (fingers crossed!) with your son in the room. Great job!
LOVELY!! Oh I am so excited for you Trisha, you did a fantastic job! I just went over and voted and will do so daily.
I think my fav thing is how that white crib makes the entire room so soft, like white sands on a beach. Can I come over and sleep in this room? LOL
That is beautiful! Very much magazine worthy! The mural is beautiful and fits so well with the room! Love it!
I love it!! Man, I’D love a room like that!
That nursery is awesome – you did a great job putting everything together! I voted!
BEAAAAATIFUL! You did an awesome job! Voted, will be voting! Good luck with baby boy & the contest 🙂 xo
Wow! It came out totally beautiful. I absolutely love the mural, so calming. You did an -awesome- job!
Oh Trisha, it’s gorgeous!! I absolutely love it. It all goes together so nicely. My vote goes to you.
What a phenomenal room! Love it! You did an amazing job.
Love, love, love! This room turned out amazing and I love that wall mural!
That is such a gorgeous room! I love the mural, and the rug does go with it so well. I especially like that you did the family pictures for him to see when he wake up. Because my grandchildren live far away from me, I send framed photos of me and my husband to them to put in their rooms, and have done that since they were babies. It is one small way to keep us in their lives.
I just love the calm feeling your room gives off! The rug looks like beach stones and just really pulls the mural into the room, I LOVE that mural! Such a lucky little boy!
I love it and voted for you. The room is beautiful. I really love the details!!
TRISHA!!! It looks GREAT! What a beautiful, calming room. I love all the little details. I hope you win, it’s fantastic.
OMG! That is the most beautiful baby room I have EVER seen! You’ve DEFINITELY got my vote!
Everything is perfect! The mural is my absolute FAVORITE! I love the beach myself and could easily “get lost” in that room, an ocean away, so to speak.
EXCELLENT WORK, TRISHA!!! I’m very impressed, but not surprised you did all this! 😀
I think the mural is one of my favorite parts and your crib is beautiful too. You did a fantastic job, I voted!
I LOVE that mural. Love it. Voted for you!
I am in awe. The work you did to that room really just blows me away, it’s so calm and peaceful, I just love it!.
You got my vote today.
It turned out awesome!! I want you to come do my house now 🙂
Love it! Very soothing. It truly evokes the beach in every way.
Beautiful! It’s so relaxing, peaceful, calming, and sophisticated. The perfect nursery for a little boy! You did an amazing job. And the mural is AWEsome!
OH MY GOD! You took that from absolutely, 100% GIRL to the most adorable and sophisticated boy nursery I’ve seen in a long time! It put my tan and black simple nursery (literally just a crib, ladder shelf, and a bookcase) to shame!
Wow. Gorgeous and amazing! Love the mural especially.
Wow Trisha, you did an amazing job. I love EVERYTHING you did. You should be so proud. A huge transformation for sure. Good luck!
Trisha it is stunning! Love the color blue on the walls and that beach mural is amazing. I want a room like that!
Comments are closed.