As you know, I love creating “galaxy” and earth related crafts and recipes around here. It’s just so fun to swirl colors around to create something beautiful that is tasty too. No matter whether you want to impart a scientific lesson with your kids on the stars, having a space themed birthday party, or are just looking to eat something tasty, this Galaxy Bark recipe is as easy as it is delicious.
- 1 (10 oz) bag black candy melts
- 1 cup purple candy melts
- 1 cup blue candy melts
- Wilton glitter stars
- Wilton pearl dust, silver
- Melt candy melts in separate bowls (one at a time) in the microwave in 30 second increments until completely melted
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper
- Pour black chocolate onto parchment paper – you could also use purple. On this tutorial the camera picked up more purple, but I assure you its black. It darkens up as it hardens to bark.
- Drizzle blue and purple chocolate over the black chocolate
- Use a butter knife to “slice” through the melted chocolate. You want it to look like swirls.
- Sprinkle with glitter stars and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes to harden. These glitter stars are edible and really make it look like the sky!
- Once the bark is hard, dust with pearl dust using a clean paint brush. The pearl dust is a wonderful illusion that finishes up the bark. Also totally ediable!
- Break or cut into pieces and serve your galaxy bark
Want more spaced themed ideas? Try