Did you know that I live in one of the rainiest cities in the country? Nope, not Seattle. I live in Mobile, Al and you would be surprised, but many cities in my state rank for some of the highest rain in the country. Being just off the Gulf Coast means tons of storms, clouds, humidity and rain on almost a daily basis. And unlike Hawaii, I dont always consider it a blessing when I have things to do. That being said, rainy days also bring out the best in warm food, fuzzy slippers, and movies, so you can’t always knock those clouds.
Next time you have a big thunder storm out, whip up this rainy day quick chicken and noodles, put on you favorite flick, and enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 small Vidalia onion, diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup chopped baby carrots
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry parsley flakes
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 3 cups hot water
- 4-5 cups (handfuls) of dry noodles
- 1 packet McCormick chicken gravy mix (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (optional)
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the cooking oil.
- Drop in the vegetables and saute for about 10 minutes, until tender.
- While the vegetables are cooking, start shredding the chicken in large chunks into the pot.
- Add the thyme, salt, pepper and parsley flakes.
- Pour in the chicken stock and water, stir.
- Add noodles, stir.
- Cover and on a low boil, cook for 15 minutes.
- Optionally, if you want a thicker dish, pull a cup of the stock into a mixing bowl and whisk with McCormick chicken gravy mix and/or cornstarch. I happen to love using both for flavor and thickness.
- Pour the mixture into the pot, stir and let it simmer for 1-2 minutes until thickened.
We have so much more when it comes to chicken recipes:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita
Easy White and Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- One Pan Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Baked Wings
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmigiana (For sandwiches!)
- Rainy Day Chicken and Noodles
- Mexican Chicken and Corn Recipe (Great w/ Chips)
- Broccoli Cheddar Braid
- 3 Ingredient Baked Chicken
- Our #1 Baked Chicken Recipe