Reindeer poop cookies are an easy, delicious (Really!) dessert that is perfect for the holiday season. Kids will get a kick out of making reindeer poop balls but do not let the name fool you. The mixture of chocolate and rice krispies is a oh so good and perfect way to spend a cold winters night. I have included a cute poem to go along with these cookies if you are wanting a darling way to drop these off to the people you love. Reindeer Poop Recipe and Reindeer Poop Poem Below!
Are you looking for a super easy, super fun, and a “make the kids giggle” cookie recipe this Christmas? Make Reindeer Poop balls, a marshmallow-y, caramel drizzled, Hershey’s chocolate and rice krispie treat that will keep your guests coming back for more- despite the name! You may also swap out the milk chocolate for semi-sweet chocolate or dark chocolate if that is what you prefer or have on hand. If you do not have a parchment mat, you may also use a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Plus, store your reindeer cookies in an airtight container for a fun gift at Christmas this week! (Mason Jar Gifts anyone!) My kids have also rolled these in powdered sugar to create a white effect and then labeled them snowman poop! These are so delicious, and the kids really enjoy making them. Enjoy!
Reindeer Poop Recipe
Serves: 40 balls
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 5 ounces mini marshmallows (half a bag)
• 12 ounces of Smucker’s caramel dessert topping
• 12 ounces of Hershey’s milk chocolate chips
• 5 – 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
Here is everything you need to make your reindeer poop cookies. I HATE going to the store, so I love to order my non-perishables from Amazon and save a ton of time. Check and see how these prices compare cause it might just be worth shipping to your house instead of the crowds.
How to make Reindeer Poop Cookies
1. In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter all the way
2. Add your marshmallows and stir gently until they are all melted.
3. Turn off your heat and add caramel sauce and chocolate chips. Stir all of that together till its melted.
4. Stir in the rice krispie cereal until combined.
5. Roll the mixture into 1 inch balls (reindeer poop) and set on a non-stick baking mat (like Silpat) or parchment paper to cool
Reindeer Poop Poem
(click to download!)
Jingle Jingle Jingle, Is that Santa that I hear?
Up on my roof, he must be really near!
And laying in the white snow, not a present or a bow.
Nope, little Reindeer Droppings neatly all in a row!
Reindeer poop recipe that serves 40 balls made of chocolate and rice krispies
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 ounces mini marshmallows half a bag
- 12 ounces of Smucker's caramel dessert topping
- 12 ounces of Hershey's milk chocolate chips
- 5 - 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter all the way
Add your marshmallows and stir gently until they are all melted.
Turn off your heat and add caramel sauce and chocolate chips. Stir all of that together till its melted.
Stir in the rice krispie cereal until combined.
Roll the mixture into 1 inch reindeer poop balls and set on a non-stick baking mat (like Silpat) or parchment paper to cool
Don't forget to add our free printable!
More Holiday Fun:
- 25 Christmas Cookies for Kids
- Christmas Explosion Slime
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies
- Butter Pound Cake Recipe
- Eggnog Cheesecake with Cream Cheese
- 15 Amazing Mason Jar Gifts
- Christmas Deviled Eggs the WOW!