With summer officially kicking off June 20th, it’s time to officially put away the books and work woes and start enjoying the longest and sunniest days of the year! My kids have no problem getting in the mood and this year, I am bringing you 5 ways to bring in your first day (or any day!) of summer.
5 Ways to bring in the 1st day of Summer
1) Family: We do not get to spend as much time as we want with family during the regular school year. Our days revolve around sports and our nights around homework. Some weeks we barely get to sit in the same room as we rush from one event to the next, one science project to the next and our focus is specifically on getting through the school year with great grades. Summer, however, is a totally different deal! Time to focus on family, reading books, making memories, and relaxing. Charlotte and Phoenyx are both in camp together and also take time daily to hang out (ok, that might be a little forced family fun there).
We also enjoy more family outings because ‘going to bed on time’ isn’t a thing in the summer.
2) Outdoor time: We have outdoor time all year round, its true, but in the summer it becomes a lot more laid back. Today the kids are enjoying the gorgeous sun and exercise in the best way possible- with water!
Waterslides, back yard pools, water guns- its all a fantastic way to really enjoy the outdoors here in the south and accessible right in the backyard.
For 2016 you can expect:
- Popsicle® Tropical Paradise comes in four refreshing tropical flavors, including Mango, Strawberry-Banana, Island Punch and Pineapple.
- Popsicle® Sugar Free Red Classics offers all your favorite red flavors, including Cherry, Raspberry, and Strawberry as a sugar-free option.
- Popsicle® Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles™, complete with Michelangelo™, Donatello™, Raphael™ and Leonardo™, includes four action-packed flavors: Orange Fury, Cherry Crush, Blue Raspberry Blast and Smashing Grape.
As the original summertime treat, I love letting my kids pick between which box they want and their joy when I say “Do you want a Popsicle® ?” Talk about being a mom HERO! And talk about choices! Popsicle® has 20 other flavors so each child (and adult!) can enjoy the one they love the most. I’m a cherry!
4) Back yard (or front yard) movies: Our family has a projector that we love to bring to neighbors houses, set up on the garage, and enjoy popcorn as a neighborhood. With day time lasting a little longer, we have to wait to gear up the fun a little later, but its such a great way to chill and enjoy the last bit of the day together.
Need some movie suggestions? My favorite right now is Zootopia!
5) Messy Crafts: We are a family of painting and crafting, but summer allows everyone here to really get messy! The weather is beautiful and the kids are outside enjoying it, even when not playing in water. Ready to keep your kids messy outdoors?
Try one of our family favorites:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Popsicle. The opinions and text are all mine.