Chicken and Waffles. It’s a thing! I came across this fantastic looking sandwich the other day in some random magazine. I normally do not stop on sandwiches, but it was chicken in the middle of WAFFLES and it made me look twice. I knew it was something I had to try. Not only for me, but for Charlotte, who happens to be picky a la picky. What I found was that it was mega tasty so I wanted to pass on the recipe for those who wanted to try something new. If you need a side dish to go with this, I find that this Easy Bacon Broccoli Salad goes with just about anything.
(this article has been update from a previous article in 2011)
Chicken and Waffle Sandwich
- 3 tbsp mayo ( I use Hellman’s)
- 1 tbsp buttermilk
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8th tsp black pepper
- 2 pieces of frozen waffles….or if you are adventurous I suppose you could make your own. I used the Eggo whole grain. Toast them first. Obviously.
- Anything you like on sandwiches..I used tomato, lettuce, cheese, and avocado
- Chicken or Turkey slices from deli or even a baked/fried piece of chicken
- *you can also add bacon, etc
Combine Mayo and all other ingredients (garlic, pepper, sugar, vinegar, buttermilk)
Assemble sandwich by spreading mayo mixture on waffles, add turkey or chicken and all your fixins.
Yes. I say fixins.
Eat and sigh
Honestly, this was the easiest sandwich ever and the wholegrain waffles were perfect and crunchy. The mayo was slightly tangy and slightly sweet. Charlotte loved the novelty of waffles as part of her sandwich.
It was win/win all the way around and only took about 5 minutes to prep this fun dinner!
- 3tblsp mayo ( I use Hellmans)
- 1tblsp buttermilk
- 1tsp cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛th tsp black pepper
- 2 pieces of frozen waffles
- tomato, lettuce, cheese, avocado, bacon
- Chicken or Turkey slices from deli or baked/fried chicken
- Combine Mayo and all other ingredients (garlic, pepper, sugar, vinegar, buttermilk)
- Assemble sandwich by spreading mayo mixture on waffles, add turkey or chicken and all your fixins.
- Eat and sigh