Cornucopia Centerpieces are so much fun to make when you use sugar or waffle cones to make EDIBLE Cornucopias!! Create your own kid friendly designs with your favorite fruits and stack your edible horn of plenty high on your Thanksgiving table, for a beautiful and practical pre-dinner treat. See below for printable cornucopia instructions as well as a cornucopia coloring sheet to keep the kids busy!
How to make an Edible Cornucopia
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 small bunch grapes
- 1 plum
- 12 waffle-style sugar cones
Remove seeds from pomegranate – my favorite way to do this is to cut in half and then hold over a bowl.
Smack the end and edges of the pomegranate with a wooden spoon and it will release all of the seeds quickly.
While you are filling up your Thanksgiving dinner table, these recipes will help make it a fantastic and unique dinner:
- Perfect for breakfast, these muffins bring about the spice of the fall holiday perfectly
- Kids love this one! Send everyone home a dipped apple in none other than jolly ranchers. They look gorgeous and are a bit more creative than regular candied applies.
- Can’t have all these sweets without some veggies! You won’t even mind when it comes to how this is presented. Tasty and makes a stunning side dish.
- Sometimes a person just needs their apple crisp to come together a little faster. I’m excited to share this quick hack with you!
- The best – maybe the only – way to share this pie is to serve it warm with some vanilla ice cream. Drizzle on some toppings, the more the merrier!
Cornucopia Recipe Download
Download a free cornucopia recipe sheet by hitting the PDF below.
These are great to add to a 3 ring binder to save for future usage!
Cornucopia Coloring Pages
Another fun idea to get kids started while you are cooking (or after if they are helping you) is this free Cornucopia Coloring Sheet! Simply hit the image below to get a PDF download and print. Color in all the bright colors of the fruits and the beautiful centerpiece. This is a great way to keep the kids busy, off those ipads, and still around family this holiday season. I love coloring sheets for that very reason.
Cornucopia Centerpiece Supplies
It is so easy to make these table centerpieces and you only need a few things! You can find your fruit at the local farmers market. I buy most of my kitchen supplies from Amazon. I find that a serving tray will help keep fruit juices off your table, so its good to have one of those on hand. As tempting as it is to build your horn of plenty on the table itself, its probably impractical unless you are using a table cloth. Second, I dont know where its been all my life, but having a chopper really helps! I really love this Multiquick Immersion 9, but you can use anything to make this less work.
Looking for other fun fall ideas? Try one of the awesome ones below or even this Halloween Party Drinking Station before you go!