We are RAINBOW SLIME CRAZY!
UPDATE: NEW RAINBOW SLIME HERE – just click image below to get the new recipe
And why not? Slime is such a FUN experience for mom, dad, and kids alike. It’s easy to make with mostly common household ingredients, and with the ability to have an endless supply of colors, sparkles, or even adding items like pennies or beads to create more of a “dig”, you can change up how you play with slime too! Now we have worked with a ton of slime colors around here and all of them are fun. If you want some inspiration, check out these fun articles
- Unicorn Poop Slime
- Mardi Gras Slime with Beads and Babies
- Glow in the Dark Slime: playtime isn’t just in the daytime!
- Peppermint Christmas Slime: Smells just like winter
- Frozen Inspired slime
- Pumpkin Spice Slime
- Halloween Slime with googly monster eyes
Learn how to make slime here! I made this super short video to show you how to make slime and see some of the stages! Check it out~
Slime without Borax
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED PRO SLIME TIP: Many people do not like to deal with borax and water when making slime. You can also make slime by using LIQUID STARCH and glue. It’s a ton easier. Simply use about 1/3rd cup starch in 1/2 cup glue and add starch little by little until you get the slime consistency you want. Once it’s set, then separate the white slime and dye the colors you want in solo cups.
It can be pretty hard to find liquid starch, so pick this one up here (it’s the one I use) as well as a huge thing of glue so you can make tons of slime for all occasions. Buying this way is a lot more cost effective and once you start making slime, you will def want to have glue on hand!
Now on to Rainbow Slime! Basically all slime is made the same way…it’s just taking the time to create other colors that combine to make something really colorful and fun. You can create this rainbow slime quite easily. This recipe has NO BORAX. Borax has always been a complicated way to create slime so I am happy to show you a BETTER way that doesn’t leave your slime hard as a rock.
Rainbow Slime Recipe
- 4oz of clear glue or 5oz of white school glue
- Food coloring (optional)
- Glitter (optional)
- Cups and craft sticks for mixing
- liquid starch
Directions to create rainbow slime (each slime will need its own bowl with food coloring)
- Pour glue into a cup (red solo cups work great for this), add the tbsp. of water, food coloring and glitter and mix well with the craft stick.
- Add liquid starch. approx 1/4cup or less.
- Keep stirring and it will start to form. Then take out of the cup and begin kneading.
- If the slime is too sticky, add a little bit of starch at a time (about 1 tsp or less)
- Store in sealed container
- Repeat to make each of the colors. Braid colors together when finished
Of course, after playing, rainbow slime will start mixing colors and look like this- which is still beautiful!
Now try one of our other Slime recipes or follow my all things slime, good and mess board on Pinterest!