Thanksgiving Explosion slime! With perfect fall colors, you can make your own version of rainbow explosion slime that fits perfectly in the Thanksgiving and fall themes.
Before you get started, you need to create your favorite slime! When I am making slime for “explosion” slimes, I love to use white. I feel like it has the best streaking of colors but do not be afraid to use other colors like pink, purple, yellow or blue! Just do your best to keep them pastels and not to over mix the slime coloring.
You can make fluffy slime, saline solution slime or regular starch. Because i like my slime to have lots of stretch, I prefer a basic slime with starch. That being said, adding shaving cream makes it less messy and many parents and kits prefer that texture. You can grab one of these awesome slime recipes to get started:
- Borax Free Slime Recipe
- Saline Solution Slime
- Fluffy Slime with Saline Solution
- Easy Fluffy Slime
- Ultimate Fluff Slime Recipe
- Sand Slime
- White school glue – I always use GALLON SIZED GLUE. Slime projects always lead to more slime and you cannot get a gallon in the store. I highly recommend just getting the big one as a more cost effective strategy.
- Liquid Starch – This can be impossible to find, so also better to grab online
- Nonpareils – You need tiny rainbow round sprinkles
Once your slime is made, simply let it spread out on a vinyl. I like using vinyl mats because it keeps the colors of the slime from bleeding into the floor and you can really get involved with playing. You can also use a wipeable place mat!
Whatever you use, just be prepared for some amount of mess.
Now spread your holiday Thanksgiving non pareils on your slime and let sit for about 30 seconds. Letting it sit allows the colors to get slightly wet. Now you can slowly stretch your slime and see all the awesome streaks.
This is a really fun slime to make and kids of all ages LOVE Thanksgiving Explosion slime!
Want to see more sprinkle slimes? Head over to see 10 Stunning Sprinkle Slimes here!