PERFECT SLIME RECIPE
Before you find the idea that inspires you the most, make sure you have everything you need!
PRO TIP: Making slime with LIQUID STARCH and glue is a ton easier than mixing borax to do it. Simply use about 1tsp in 4 oz of glue (you can stir in some food coloring or paint to color before you add) and then add starch little by little until you get the slime consistency you want. We use red solo cups to do this and once it’s mostly sticky, we pull out of the cup and start to mix with our hands. If the slime is still sticky, that means you need more liquid starch. As the slime starts to get perfect, it will not stick to your hands anymore. Keep kneading it as it starts to peel off your hands and it will be perfect. Depending on how much glue we pour, it usually tends to be about a half a cup overall. Scroll down to see a video on the process.
It can be pretty hard to find liquid starch, so pick this one up here (it’s the one I use) as well as a huge thing of glue so you can make tons of slime for all occasions. Buying this way is a lot more cost effective and once you start making slime, you will def want to have glue on hand! This went out of stock for a good month so make sure you buy it now that its back.
Ready to get your slime on? I love slime, which is why I share SO MANY WAYS you can make it here on MomDot! But I am not the only one that makes slime. Check out all these fantastic recipes for ooey, gooey slime and start doing slime-a-day today!
1. Unicorn Poop Slime | momdot
2. Heat Sensitive Color Changing Slime | Left Brain Craft Brain
3. Star Spangled Slime | momdot
4. Jungle Slime | Buggy and Buddy
5. Glow in the Dark Slime | momdot
6. Sand Slime | Little Bins for Little Hands
7. Peppermint Slime | momdot
8. Ocean Swirl Glitter Slime | twodaloo
9. Rainbow Slime | momdot
10. Polka Dot Slime | Fun at Home with Kids
11. Mardi Gras Slime | momdot
12. Magnetic Slime | Kids Activities Blog
13. Frozen Slime | momdot
14. Simple Lego Slime | Lemon Lime Adventures
15. Nebula Slime | momdot
16. Dino Slime | Picklebums
17. Pumpkin Spice Slime | momdot
18. Bubbling Slime | Epic Fun for Kids
19. Super Ooey Gooey Slime | momdot
20. Water Bead Slime | I Can Teach My Child
21. Sunset Slime | Left Brain Craft Brain
22. Fluffy Slime | Sow Sprout Play
23. Star Wars Space Slime | Frogs, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
24. Snow Slime | Frugal Fun 4 Boys
25. Watermelon Slime | Coffee Cups and Crayons
Want some bonus slimes? FLUFFY SLIME!
SLIME BOOK AVAILABLE!!
Love the Slime Recipes on MomDot? Our first book has been published and you can pick up a copy right on Amazon for yourself or to gift to a slime fan in your house! It features not only some fun basic slime recipes and how to get started on creating your own, but also some ways to use slime for holidays and gifts! Check out the book here!
How to make Slime Video
- want to see how slime is made? This short video will give you the skinny on making slime with glue and starch and how unbelievably easy it is! I hope this inspires you to get your slime made!
Having Trouble Making slime?
- This video is a longer video that shows you how slime comes together. Many people believe that slime is instant but it can take some time to mix up and kneed. This video will help you understand what you are doing wrong- OR right!
How to make Bubbles with Slime Video
- Making bubbles is SO much fun with slime! Learn how to make bubbles alone or with a friend. Who can make the biggest bubble?
- We experimented with creating a kinetic slime that sticks together. Come see how we did it!